Sunday 29 January 2017

School Stationary!

Hey guys!

I know that I was supposed to post about my 16th birthday last week, but I wanted to leave that for another week, to address something much more relevant and exciting... school stationary!

Yesterday, I went and purchased all my stationary for the year of school. Now I know there are a lot of people out there who are like me, and find buying stationary one of the best things about a school year, hence why I wanted to share everything that I bought for this year!

First of all, I'll start with binders. I'm a huge freak when it comes to organisation; diaries, calendars, reminders, the lot! But the one thing I love the most about school, and will especially enjoy with the two year course that I'm completing this year and the next, is organising my notes and hand outs into their own binders and sections, to give them a home that's super easy to locate for future reference, when studying begins. 
I know this may seem crazy to some, but a binder per subject is going to allow me to keep everything organised and locatable, as well as inspire me to regularly sort out my notes and keep everything looking pretty!
I was recommended to invest in some high-end binders, around $15-20 NZD each, but I soon realised that no matter which ones I buy, due to the immense amount of notes that I will be taking, my binders will break at some point. The binders I did purchase were $2.50 NZD each, and although they won't last me as long, they won't hurt my bank account as much when repurchasing. 

Alright, onto a lot of people's favourite; pens, pencils, notebooks and other bits and bobs! Every year, no matter what I have at home, I will always purchase new highlighters, pens, pencils and notebooks. I know this could be a major waste of time and money, as I could easily find some barely used stationary, but there's just something about starting a new school year with completely new stationary that just is so appealing...

I use refill for all subjects (and keep all my notes in my binders), however, for maths, it's a lot easier to use grid books rather than refill. I also got Faber-Castell highlighters, as I've been told they're the best, and some Paper Mate InkJoy pens, as they've also had some great reviews. I also grabbed your run-of-the-mill erasers, pencils, sharpeners and correction fluid for any mistakes! I'm super excited to use all of this.






And finally, something that I've always wanted to use for the two year diploma I'm doing, a 1 TB (or 1000 GB) hard drive. As I have a MacBook Air with very minimal storage, I found it very difficult to not run out of space during school last year. And, as I have to keep all my work, notes and assignments for two years on this laptop, I thought it'd be best to just purchase a hard drive that I could store everything in, without getting remotely close to running out of space.
This hard drive was $89 NZD, very cheap for something that can hold so much stuff, and is super small and thin, so if I ever need to transport it to somewhere other than at home, it'll be very easy! This has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm already super anxious and nervous for this diploma to start (this Tuesday by the way!!!), so knowing that I have something to rely on other than my low-storage laptop to hold everything is a great feeling.




So there you guys go! I hope you enjoyed reading through this, this post was for you stationary fiends out there who crave fresh pens... I get you guys.

Sending out my best wishes and luck to everyone for the new school year. You got this, no matter how you feel about the year ahead, go out there and smash it. 

All my love, until next week!

Bella x
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bellahowarth
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/IsabellaHowarth
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/bellahowarth_
Tumblr: http://bellahowarth.tumblr.com
SoundCloud: https://www.soundcloud.com/bellahowarth
Snapchat: BellaHowarth

No comments:

Post a Comment